[Foundation-l] Show community consensus for Wikilove

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 13:44:05 UTC 2011

Hoi,
Given that the English Wikipedia has a problem, its page views is going
down for instance, there is a well documented division between the oldies
and the newbies. There is a natural attrition as well as open conflict
resulting in their being not as many editors as there used to be.

Wikilove, the dashboard are all mechanisms to show appreciation and learn
from newbies. This functionality is developed with the English Wikipedia in
mind.

My question what is the point in stagnating in old functionality when the
established community is to approve new features especially new features
not addressing the needs of the established community and seeking consensus
only once these features have been developed?

With respect, these features are introduced, experience is gained and
consequently these features will be adapted. Does constant community
consensus make sense and if so what is it that you hope to achieve? How is
a no going to help given the need for a more healthy English community ?
Thanks,
      GerardM