[Foundation-l] News from Germany: White Bags and thinking about a fork

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 28 19:33:38 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 08:49:42AM +0200, Nikola Smolenski wrote:

> It is my understanding that parental software is often too overarching
> or otherwise inadequate.

... and this despite (very likely) having a larger budget than the foundation ;-)

There's a reason the software is inadequate, and that is because filtering is a
hard problem.

If we're smart, we'll try to do something that is slightly different from actual
filtering, to get around what I'm starting to suspect is something of a mathematical
pothole in our way.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning