[Foundation-l] News from Germany: White Bags and thinking about a fork

Billinghurst billinghurst at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 23:57:59 UTC 2011

On 22 Oct 2011 at 15:36, Erik Moeller wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 22 October 2011 22:51, Tobias Oelgarte
> > And, in detail, why is a hide/show all solution inadequate? What is
> > the use case this does not serve?
>
> A show/hide all images function is likely too drastic to serve some of
> these use cases well. So for example, if you're at work, you might not
> want to have autofellatio on your screen by accident, but you'd be
> annoyed at having to un-hide a fabulous screenshot of a wonderful
> piece of open source software in order to mitigate that risk.

Plus for the occasions that some kind vandal adds similar images to your user talk page so
that you don't even know or have control over what is being displayed let along an ability
to stop it.  An unfortunate eye opener in the workplace, or similarly at home when working
with the family.  :-/

I do wish that this discussion can just move to implementation. This is about what I get
to filter for what I get to see, or when I get to see it. I have had enough of other
people believing that they get to make their choices for me.

Regards, Andrew