[Foundation-l] moderation soft limit

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 10:54:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 04:19, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Somehow David Gerard, Milos Rancic, Kim and Tobias Oelgarte made it to
> 96, 95, 89 and 83 posts last month.  Last month Thomas Dalton,
> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen and I posted 39, 37 and 35 times respectively,
> and everyone else was under the 30 post soft limit.
>
> Could the mods please enforce this a bit more.  I think it has been
> detrimental to the list to allow so few people to dominate the
> discussions here.

I think that the decision (if any?) not to impose soft limit is
related to the hot topic (image filter) which is still ongoing.
Complaining about image filter is better than complaining about image
filter and moderation. So, I suppose that the limit will be imposed
again after the drama about image filter vanish.

BTW, although I am among the top posters from time to time, I fully
support the limit, but I also think that the limit is impractical
during the times of hot substantial debates. To solve the problem, we
need to have less unsolvable issues. (And, according to the last
Board's email and Phoebe's interpretation, I suppose that the Board is
on the right way to fix image filter issue.)