[Foundation-l] moderation soft limit

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 02:34:44 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Jon Davis <wiki at konsoletek.com> wrote:
> IIRC, They said that the "soft limit" would simply mean that they'd make
> sure any post beyond 30 were at least somewhat useful. The impression I got
> was that if you wanted to send 100 at least semi-constructive emails, you'd
> get through. If you want to flame and flame and flame ... you'd get cut at
> 30.

The mods should be put voluminous posters on moderation.
If the moderators want to approve the extra 70 emails, that's their decision.

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2009-November/056032.html

"Second, we're adding a "soft post limit" that, for the time being, will kick
in at 30 posts per month.  At that point, we will, at our discretion, place
members on moderation for the remainder of the month, and will approve posts
only where we feel they are useful and add significantly to the discussion."

--
John Vandenberg