[Foundation-l] The image filter: Thoughts on the German/English question

Oliver Koslowski o.nee at t-online.de
Fri Oct 14 08:52:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

I believe that most points are valid, but I disagree with item no. 11.

The first part has already been mentioned in the thread  following Ting
Chen's letter with a statement that the board intends to make this a
visible feature in all Wikimedia projects, and when people probed about
it, I didn't see Sue (or anyone else) indicating that the Board wants to
make an exception for projects who reject the idea of filters in their
projects.

And the second part: there's a truckload of other issues I'd rather see
tackled vigorously instead of spending community time and money  on
something like a filter mechanism that is of highly dubious value. In
fact, I don't believe it helps our mission at all.