[Foundation-l] The image filter: Thoughts on the German/English question

Fae fae at wikimedia.org.uk
Fri Oct 14 07:14:40 UTC 2011

The only thing I would like to see the WMF "pursue vigorously" is the
agreed mission and values.
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Values>
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Mission_statement>

The image filter "issue" can only be considered tangential to the
mission. In comparison, "in perpetuity" is an explicit part of the
mission and has no real meaning apart from vague hand waiving about
how important it is, I strongly believe there out to be a long term
trust fund with a 100 year view to ensure this is delivered.

It would be delightful to see Sue and the WMF Board spend as much time
blogging and talking about issues fundamental to the mission rather
than forcing the community to argue about something that can be
achieved by organizations and tools away from the Foundation and
without using our donated charitable monies in a way that is not
clearly accountable against the declared charitable purpose.

Cheers,
Fae