[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 16:44:21 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Fae <fae at wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
>> If the members of de.wikipedia.org are *unaffected by explicit sexual
>> images* because there are already ahead as they practice bondage or
>> BDSM, it doesn't mean that all person of the world are so evolute in
>> sexual matters.
>
> I find these sorts of comments personally offensive, likely to disrupt
> any forming consensus and appear to promote stereotypes. Please keep
> in mind the principle of conducting discussions in "respectful and
> civil manner" as one might expect if applying
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:5P>.
>
> Should this list be hijacked by these sorts of comments then I see no
> point in staying subscribed to it.
>
> Thanks,
> Fae

Do you see which kind of comments there are in this thread?

Do you think that this thread has been opened in a "civil and
respectful manner"?

At least I have used a generic reference, someone here has give a
*direct personal offense*, he is not really a person who can educate
about civilization and respect.

Please be kind to apply the same measure for all comments.

Thank you

Ilario Valdelli