[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 05:56:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Bishakha Datta <bishakhadatta at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> If you are right that the board is split on this (and I expect you
>> are), then what seems to be happening is that they can't make a
>> decision so they are telling the staff to make it for them. That is
>> really not the way a board of trustees should work.
>>
>> From my experience, this is not how we work.
>
> There is no question of the staff making decisions for the Board, because we
> cannot do so!
>
> Best
> Bishakha

I don't want to single out *anything*. However, in all fairness, much
of the acrimony about  how WMF is doing "business as usual" could have
been avoided with even just that little bit of transparency. It is
rather grotesque for people on the board of trustees complaining folks
in the community aren't aware of their real views, when they don't air
those views to the public.