[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 18:37:40 UTC 2011

Hubert,

The fact is that the English word "violence" has a quite different etymology, and a much narrower meaning, than the German word "Gewalt", which historically also means "control", or even "administrative competence".

The scope of the English article is indeed appropriate to the English word "violence", because that word lacks several shades of meaning that the German word "Gewalt" has.

Andreas