[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Stanton Foundation Awards Wikimedia $3.6 Million for Technology Improvements

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:45:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM, Jay Walsh <jwalsh at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The purpose of the grant is to fund
> major investments in the technology infrastructure that supports Wikipedia
> and its sister projects,

Excellent.

Does this mean we can now finally have categorised watchlists? It's an
idea that people have generally been supportive of when I have
mentioned it on wiki but never gets any actual action. I'd program it
myself if I could. Put simply, imagine you are interested in both
football and politics: you can put articles in your football list or
your politics list and when you want to check your watchlist you can
choose just to check either the football or the politics one or both.

I see people complain that their watchlists are unmanageable every now
and again and this would help.

Bodnotbod