[Foundation-l] Social support for It.Wiki: half a million people expressing support in less than 24 hours

Veneziano Wikipedia venezianowikipedia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:23:34 UTC 2011

FYI, meanwhile more than *HALF A MILLION* Italian citizens, in less
than *24 hours*, expressed strong support for it.wiki in the social
network/blogsphere: I think this is an incredible result for the Wiki
movement and philosophy (for Italy, but also at the international
level). It is the most massive, coherent and rapid social mobilization
ever happened in Italy, to my knowledge. For anything.

Some data: more than Half a million people in 24 hours, growing at the
impressive rate of *one thousand people/minute*, expressed support on
FB and liking the Wikistrike; tens of thousands of comments and posts
in FB, Google+ and the whole italian blogsphere to support Wiki, and
openly expressing how Wikipedia is now essential for the everyday life
of so much people; every main Italian media dedicating articles at the
Wikistrike; tens (hundreds ?) of relevant international media
reporting on it.
Everything happened in less than 24 hours.

It is a huge international PR- and mass-sensibilization success,
focused on the value and defence of the Open Knowledge, and its
diffused and ubiquitous relevance for the life of many millions of
people.
Ven