[Foundation-l] WMF blog post on Italian Wikipedia

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:00:35 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 10:48 AM, emijrp <emijrp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course. I'm not speaking about the right to mirror, but the need of
> mirrors.
>
> By the way, our free licenses also need to show the text authors. Thousand
> people re-use the contents and link to the Wikipedia page. As far as I know,
> no history is available now at Italian Wikipedia to look up. CC-BY-SA/GFDL
> violation?

There's no content either.

And, the e-mail Huib replied to appeared to focus on permission for
mirrors. As he said, there are many and it is already permitted,
although many do not properly comply with the license terms. Enforcing
the content licenses (as distinct from trademarks or content
copyrighted by the WMF) is not the remit of the WMF, nor is promoting
mirrors.

Nathan