[Foundation-l] Blackout at Italian Wikipedia

church.of.emacs.ml church.of.emacs.ml at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 5 10:20:44 UTC 2011

On 10/05/2011 06:25 AM, Aaron Adrignola wrote:
> I'm sure those on this list are familiar with the de.wikipedia poll on the
> proposed image filter with its strong outcome on a particular side of the
> debate.  I am quite concerned about the precedent that it.wikipedia is being
> allowed to set.  Should I expect that de.wikipedia would be allowed to stage
> a similar "blackout" should the image filter be implemented against their
> wishes, with the goal of protesting perceived or potential censorship?

Are you seriously comparing that italien law to the proposed image filter?

Are you aware of the principle of proportionality? What might be okay to
do against a law that would kill Wikipedia is different from what is
okay to do against piece of software that would most likely have only
minor effects for the reader.

--Tobias