[Foundation-l] Blackout at Italian Wikipedia

Aaron Adrignola aaron.adrignola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 04:25:59 UTC 2011

I'm sure those on this list are familiar with the de.wikipedia poll on the
proposed image filter with its strong outcome on a particular side of the
debate.  I am quite concerned about the precedent that it.wikipedia is being
allowed to set.  Should I expect that de.wikipedia would be allowed to stage
a similar "blackout" should the image filter be implemented against their
wishes, with the goal of protesting perceived or potential censorship?