[Foundation-l] Blackout at Italian Wikipedia - What exactly does the proposed law say?

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:12:41 UTC 2011

Andreas Kolbe, 04/10/2011 23:40:
> Is it that disputed content will have to be *removed* if a request is received, and *replaced* with the BLP subject's statement?
> Or is it that BLP subjects have the right to ask for a correction to be posted on the page, *in addition* to the disputed content?
> I can read some Italian; a link to the proposed text of the new law, along with an indication of the relevant section or paragraph, would be much appreciated.

Paragraph 29
<http://www.camera.it/Camera/view/doc_viewer_full?url=http%3A//www.camera.it/_dati/leg16/lavori/schedela/apriTelecomando_wai.asp%3Fcodice%3D16PDL0038530&back_to=http%3A//www.camera.it/126%3FPDL%3D1415-B%26leg%3D16%26tab%3D2>
It's not entirely clear how it applies to wikis. It says "with the same
graphics, the same website access way and the same visibility", and you
can't alter or comment it. So, probably put it at the top (or the side)
of the article and protect it forever, or something like that. Who
knows... The parliament doesn't know how Internet works, and they don't
care.

Nemo