[Foundation-l] Fwd: Chapter program plans

Barry Newstead bnewstead at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 4 21:20:19 UTC 2011

Cross-posting to Foundation-L

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barry Newstead <bnewstead at wikimedia.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Subject: Chapter program plans
<internal-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

Hi -

I want to make you all aware that several chapters (AT, AU, CH, DE, FR, HU,
SE, UK) have posted program plans for 2012. There are links to the plans on
Meta [1].

These plans present an important picture of what these chapters propose to
do in the year ahead.  I'd like to thank the chapter boards and staff for
their efforts to get this done by 1 October to help us all in planning
targets for the fundraiser. The plans combined with WMF's annual plan [2]
also provide a picture of the kind of activities that are planned for key
areas of the movement.   This is the first time we have implemented such an
approach, so I'm sure it required significant work and ingenuity to pull
them together.

I would encourage anyone interested in the plans to read them and to provide
your feedback either on the talk pages of the plans or if you have general
observations, then post them on the Meta page or on this list.

The next step in this process is to review the plans and then in the case of
chapters who are supporting fundraising, we'll need to agree on a
fundraising target (in situations where the requested target is >150% of the
chapter's 2010 fundraising share). For chapters who are working on a grant,
we'll need to agree on the plan to finalize the grant amount.   We expect to
move forward on these in a timely fashion.

Best,
Barry

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters/Plans_2011-2012
[2]
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/foundation/3/37/2011-12_Wikimedia_Foundation_Plan_FINAL_FOR_WEBSITE_.pdf

--
Barry Newstead
Chief Global Development Officer

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!