[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia India Program Trust

rupert THURNER rupert.thurner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 08:48:55 UTC 2011

would you be so kind to tell us a reason why

1. the indian chapter does not receive 500000 dollars to hire 2 persons, to
pay the internet and telephone cost of 150 volunteers and to pay prices for
50 writing and photo shooting competitions around many universities in
india? the first price could again be free internet and phone for one year.

2. the indian chapter does not set up an advisory board to include people
with other desired experiences than wikimedia?

but instead a trust was set up ... making some volunteers unhappy, and
leading to differences in opinion even amongst chapter executives.

if we assume the  goal is to win contributors, I am wondering how somebody
who is paid, writes blogs, tweeds, mails and maybe discussion pages is able
to convince somebody else to write wikipedia in his free time. I am lacking
a good english word here, but maybe one could say it is not authentic?

setting up an independent trust besides the chapter and giving it 20 times
as much money is not perceived peaceful by everybody.

the goal of the wiki movement is to make love, and peace and ....
wikipedia, at least imo.

rupert