[Foundation-l] Scheduled intermittent downtime on all Wikimedia projects on May 24

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed May 25 18:25:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 6:32 AM, Thomas Morton
<morton.thomas at googlemail.com> wrote:
> So, just a quick thought for future reference - during maintenance is it
> possible in future to update the error message to explain that maintenance
> is ongoing?

I work with lots of (library) databases, and standard practice for
these services is to display messages across the top or some other
visible space warning of scheduled maintenance ahead of time. I guess
we could do that with centralnotice, but.... /goes back to reading
centralnotice thread  :-)

-- phoebe