[Foundation-l] Scheduled intermittent downtime on all Wikimedia projects on May 24

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:31:18 UTC 2011

Me - no.
Readers who didn't know - yes.

Wikipedia going down without a temporary explanation page is roughly of the
same scale as apple.com going down with no explanation, google.com going
down with no explanation, microsoft.com going down with no explanation, and
so on.

"Top 5 website" means we have that kind of use, perception, stature -- and a
similar scale of response within the general public if it suddenly doesn't
work.  Most members of the public do not have the insight you or I would.

FT2