[Foundation-l] 1.3 billion of humans don't have Wikipedia intheir native language

jokarwilis2005 at gmail.com jokarwilis2005 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 00:01:12 UTC 2011

My blog is my hobby....

http://sdgunung03.blogspot.com

Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Morton <morton.thomas at googlemail.com>
Sender: foundation-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 00:38:24
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] 1.3 billion of humans don't have Wikipedia in
 their native language

Sorry Milos, systematic bias at work there :)

I mean... English Wikipedia has the largest collection of content, and on
average I would guess that the content is of a higher, or at least a more
complete, quality than most other language wiki's. Computer forensics... is
relatively decent on en-wp; it has a number of foreign language equivilants
but none of them are of particular length or completeness.

What I am really saying is.. alongside the figures of how many language
Wiki's we are missing should be a figure of how many language Wiki's don't
yet constitute a reasonably detailed encyclopaedia.

Just theorizing on a related topic :)

Tom