[Foundation-l] Interesting legal action

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun May 22 23:40:10 UTC 2011

On 23 May 2011 00:03, FT2 <ft2.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Out of interest, when a BLP is created and not speedy deleted, could we not
> write a standard email to the subject stating that a biographical article
> has been created on them on the online encyclopedia "Wikipedia", inviting
> them to review it, explaining what it's about, and pointing them to remedies
> for fixing minor or major issues or requesting deletion? Hearing from us
> might at the very least be seen as "us trying to do something right".

I've not heard that idea before; I like it. We should do that. It
wouldn't be difficult and would, as you say, show that we are at least
trying to do the right thing. We would need to be prepared to deal
with the increased traffic to OTRS that it would inevitably result in,
but that's not too big a problem.