[Foundation-l] Interesting legal action

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Sun May 22 23:03:12 UTC 2011

Out of interest, when a BLP is created and not speedy deleted, could we not
write a standard email to the subject stating that a biographical article
has been created on them on the online encyclopedia "Wikipedia", inviting
them to review it, explaining what it's about, and pointing them to remedies
for fixing minor or major issues or requesting deletion? Hearing from us
might at the very least be seen as "us trying to do something right".

Anyone with notability will surely have email or contact details. While this
would not stop poor articles initially being created it would probably be
seen positively and allow early input from the subject. The fact that most
subjects would probably have criticisms, thoughts, or requests for changes
should not be a negative - that's their right and the fact some don't know
or don't hear about a Wiki entry, doesn't change this.

Can we somehow engage better with subjects?

FT2