[Foundation-l] Stalking on Wikipedia

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Sun May 22 13:54:32 UTC 2011

Hi Dror K,

Don't get me wrong; I have no knowledge of this dispute (other than you seem
to have been blocked for disrupting Wikipedia) and no real interest in which
side is accurate (though being topic banned and socking is not doing you
many favours).

But I am interested in this specific issue. It appears you have read the
words "private information" and construed that this means personal details
like your name, location - or that your accounts (Wikipedia, email, or
otherwise) have been "hacked". These are *extremely *serious allegations,
and likely to be unfounded.

Private information almost certainly relates to editing habits that give
away associations to the account "DrorK" - or previously disclosed IP
associations. There is nothing illegal in having this information and using
it to enforce this block (in line with policy). Remember; we have no
"rights" to participate in Wikipedia.

If you have *firm *evidence that SD holds private information of another
sort, that he is divulging to people, this is definitely not the place to
bring it up. And having done so, and the way you have done it, does not
reflect well either.

I'm not suggesting you have made these allegations maliciously, I am sure it
is a misunderstanding. But you should pause to consider the seriousness of
what you are alleging prior to doing so, because this is a public mailing
list.

Tom