[Foundation-l] Referent list of wikis?

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sun May 22 09:29:19 UTC 2011

Do we have a referent list of wikis? Although it would be good to have
the list of *all* Wikimedia wikis, just the list of content projects
wikis would be fine.

The page Complete list of Wikimedia projects [1] is not referent at all.
It's not about the fact that it is on wiki, but exactly because of
possibility that anyone can add whatever he or she thinks that it should
be added.

Just because of three letters code conflict between Swiss German and
Albanian (als), I've realized that somebody listed Swiss German to have
Wikinews edition (it is, actually, news portal at Wikipedia) and nobody
bothered to remove it.

If someone knows the right place where to find the referent list of
wikis, please let me know.

If such list doesn't exist, and if someone from tech staff could do
something like "echo 'show databases' | mysql ...| grep "^wiki" >
<some_public_file>" or so every 7 days (cron would be helpful) and give
to me the location of that file, I could do the rest.

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Complete_list_of_Wikimedia_projects