[Foundation-l] Stalking on Wikipedia

Dror Kamir dqamir at bezeqint.net
Sun May 22 04:57:12 UTC 2011

Hello,

I found an email today from someone who still cares to keep me updated
about what happens on the English Wikipedia's "corridors". Since my name
is mentioned in the discussion, he thought I'd be interested in this.
There is a user on the English language Wikipedia who calls himself
"Supreme Deliciousness". He was blocked and warned on and off because of
his highly political edits and constant war edits. Now he started
stalking people, apparently I included. Admins fully cooperate with him.
I wouldn't have brought this issue to the attention of this mailing
list, unless I had serious suspicions that illegal or highly unethical
actions are going on.

Many people here don't like my attitude toward Wikipedia. I am not here
to argue about that. I will have plenty of time to discuss it with
anyone who'd like to on other occasions. I think my service to Wikimedia
and its projects, even when I had profound disagreements about the
policy of the organization, was good enough to give me some credit. Now
we are talking about unethical, or possibly illegal actions that are
talking against me and people who, for some unknown reason, are
associated with me.

Here is the link to the discussion on en-wp:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sockpuppet_investigations/Drork

The user "Supreme Deliciousness" says: "I have private information that
I can send to admin through mail that links Drork to these IPs."
I want to receive all such private information about me, so I could see
whether I should file complaints to my Internet Service Provider or even
a higher instance, as there is clearly a breach of my privacy. I think
further checks should be made against "Supreme Deliciousness" to see
whether he stalks other users. I also want to know why admins take this
issue so lightly. If people dislike me - so be it, but I, and other
people involved, are entitled to some protection against stalkers.

Thank you,
Dror K