[Foundation-l] Interesting legal action

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri May 20 21:09:42 UTC 2011

On 20 May 2011 21:21, Thomas Morton <morton.thomas at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> They won't. Most reputable news sources are not interested in kiss and
>> tell and there are other ones that are in place for really rather good
>> reasons to the point where breaking them would probably get you sued
>> for libel under even US law
>>

> Heh, what news do you read!

[[WP:ITN]]

There other thing to consider is that kiss and tell unless it involves
someone like Michael Jackson doesn't have much of an overseas market.

> Almost all of the content is trivial tabloid content of little interest...
> the injunctions give it a minor twist but probably not enough to invalidate
> the other BLP issues.  So other than if the financial times splashed it
> across their front page I doubt any of the stuff hidden by super-injunction
> is worth having in the articles.

The Trafigura clearly was of interest (incidentally it appears that
one of their PR people is trying to edit the Trafigura article). The
Fred Goodwin one probably is. The rest that I know of probably not.

--
geni