[Foundation-l] IRC Group Contacts Chairship handover

Sean Whitton sean at silentflame.com
Thu May 19 10:39:28 UTC 2011

I’m not a very active Wikimedian at the moment (though hopefully someday
I shall return) and so the time has come to handover my chairship of the
IRC Group Contacts.  I am ceding it to Casey Brown, but this is just a
formality, and really it is both Filip and Casey who I leave in charge
of Wikimedia’s IRC presence.

I imagine that they may well want to make some changes to how things are
done on IRC and they have my blessing in this, even if I might disagree
with the specifics.  It has been a great pleasure to work with them both
for the past few years, and with James F. before that, in running our
IRC channels.  IRC is not important, and it should remain unimportant,
so I don’t expect most people to appreciate this, but it has been good
to solve problems together and I think we all learnt a lot from the
experience, and, hopefully, kept IRC useful for everyone else.

Sean Whitton / <sean at silentflame.com>
OpenPGP KeyID: 0x3B6D411B
http://sean.whitton.me/