[Foundation-l] [Commons-l] Commons as an art gallery?

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Mon May 16 23:25:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Thomas Morton
<morton.thomas at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yes. I would agree that image is the other side of the line and into
> pornography.
>
> Tom Morton
>
> On 16 May 2011, at 23:22, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I feel like this image from the same author: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Futanari.png might be crossing the lines. Given Niabot's user page loudly railing against Commons being "censored", I'd say the issue is less "art" and more "lets see who we can shock and/or piss off."

Allow me to disagree. While it would be hard for me to actually see
this Futunari image get to the front page (I'm prudish that way), I
actually "learned" something from it (had no clue what Futunari was
all about, now I know).

Which is far from being the case with that "On the edge - free world
version" image, which brought me absolutely nothing except a rather
puzzled wtf?

Delphine

--
@notafish