[Foundation-l] Message to community about community decline

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 08:15:09 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> * We need volunteer/community institutions. There are tons of
> frustrations because there are no ways to solve many problems.

Indeed.  Unfortunately, the various groups within the community that might
stand to lose authority/influence/etc. if such institutions were created
will adamantly oppose having them, for fairly obvious reasons.  I don't
foresee anything significant developing in this area -- at least on en.wiki,
and likely on the other projects of a comparable size -- without some level
of WMF participation.

Kirill