[Foundation-l] How to get past a decision that nobody can take

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 12:09:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:33, Strainu <strainu10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I personally enjoy the independence that each project has in the
> Wikimedia universe. Therefore, I've given much thought on wether I
> should write this email.  Bun in the situation I will present below, I
> really don't know what more can be done according to the current
> policies in effect on my home wiki (ro.wikipedia). I ask your help in
> finding a path to follow.
>
> One of our users has created a page for tracking "mistakes" made by
> other users [1], which propted protests from other users, including
> myself [2]. Eventually, I asked for the deletion of the page at the
> Romanian equivalent of [[WP:AFD]] on 20th of February [3]. The rules
> for deleting the pages are very much the same as on en.wp (see
> [[:en:WP:NotEarly]]), however the user page rules are not quite the
> same as on en.wp. There is an ongoing debate on ro.wp on using en.wp
> rules when missing an equivalent policy. this was used by the user who
> created the page in his defense.
>
> On ro.wp it sometimes happens that decisions on deleting pages take
> much longer than a week, so I would expect a decision to be made
> sometime soon. However, this request is special because all the active
> sysops are either present in the page in question or were involved in
> the discussions about it, so it would be unfair of them to close it.
>
> What do you think the following steps should be? Should we call some
> of the other sysops from "retirement"? Should we appeal to someone
> from the arbcom on en.wp?

No steward has a problem to act if there is community consensus.

However, at the RfD page which you provided [1] I see two "delete"
positions (including yourself as a nominator) and two "keep"
positions, which can't be named as a "community consensus".

[1] http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Pagini_de_%C8%99ters#Utilizator:Turbojet.2FGre.C8.99eli