[Foundation-l] How to get past a decision that nobody can take

Strainu strainu10 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:33:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

I personally enjoy the independence that each project has in the
Wikimedia universe. Therefore, I've given much thought on wether I
should write this email.  Bun in the situation I will present below, I
really don't know what more can be done according to the current
policies in effect on my home wiki (ro.wikipedia). I ask your help in
finding a path to follow.

One of our users has created a page for tracking "mistakes" made by
other users [1], which propted protests from other users, including
myself [2]. Eventually, I asked for the deletion of the page at the
Romanian equivalent of [[WP:AFD]] on 20th of February [3]. The rules
for deleting the pages are very much the same as on en.wp (see
[[:en:WP:NotEarly]]), however the user page rules are not quite the
same as on en.wp. There is an ongoing debate on ro.wp on using en.wp
rules when missing an equivalent policy. this was used by the user who
created the page in his defense.

On ro.wp it sometimes happens that decisions on deleting pages take
much longer than a week, so I would expect a decision to be made
sometime soon. However, this request is special because all the active
sysops are either present in the page in question or were involved in
the discussions about it, so it would be unfair of them to close it.

What do you think the following steps should be? Should we call some
of the other sysops from "retirement"? Should we appeal to someone
from the arbcom on en.wp?

Thanks,
   Strainu

[1] http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilizator:Turbojet/Gre%C8%99eli