[Foundation-l] breaking English Wikipedia apart

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Mon Mar 14 18:44:29 UTC 2011

> David, I strongly object to your continued twisting of my words, and your
> personal crusade to turn the English Wikipedia Arbitration Committee into
> "personal attacks" police force.  That was never the intended scope of
> the
> committee, and it remains outside of its scope.  We're currently working
> through a desysop process in which one of the elements in evidence is the
> administrator's alleged incivility:  I'm not seeing a huge groundswell of
> support from you or any other former arbitrators for the Arbitration
> Committee having tackled this issue, and I don't see any historical
> evidence
> of committees prior to 2009 having addressed this issue either, including
> the time that you were on the committee.
>
> Risker/Anne

I'm not following current cases. I hope you all are doing good work.
However, we did address both incivility and personal attacks regularly.
Much of the Connally and Giano fuss had its origin in proposals for brief
blocks related to personal attacks.

Nothing to do with breaking Wikipedia into sections though, other than
possible license for stricter or looser policies in separate departments.

Fred

Fred

Fred