[Foundation-l] Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser

Arthur Richards arichards at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 9 00:44:04 UTC 2011

> * Reddit ... a project with values similar to ours
> * Google  ... a project with values similar to ours
> * OWA  ?¿
> * CivicCRM  ... this one offers services to help internal management
> * Creative Commons  ok, finally one project with similar values than
> ours: free content
>
> Now, out of the five, only one is actually related and shares similare
> values with our purpose.
I didn't mention those orgs in my most recent reply to suggest they had
similar values.  Regardless, they have an enormous amount of experience
in a very similar problem space (technologically speaking) as we do -
and in that, there is tremendous value in exchanging ideas/sharing
information/collaboratively problem solving/etc.

Also, while sarcasm may be considered by some to be the highest form of
wit, I find that it can be difficult to detect and properly understand
in emails - particularly for users who are reading in a non-native
language.  For better clarity and the sake of non-native readers, please
keep it to a minimum when illustrating your points.

Arthur