[Foundation-l] Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser

Arthur Richards arichards at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 9 00:09:01 UTC 2011

> Yes, that was what we were said several years ago
>
> and I think now there's ample evidence to show it was true, look at
> all the partnerships and support we got

I presume you meant that sarcastically?

I don't know much about any official partnerships the Foundation has,
but a non-trivial amount of in-person collaboration and information
sharing goes on on a regular basis in the office between other tech
organizations/companies (like Reddit, Google, OWA, Creative Commons,
CiviCRM, etc) that would be impossible if we were working in an office
in, say, Duluth, Minnesota.  Or St. Petersburg, Florida for that
matter.  This has extraordinary benefit for us, at least in the
technology department.

Arthur