[Foundation-l] Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia-inc.com
Tue Mar 8 13:24:28 UTC 2011

On 3/5/11 7:48 AM, MZMcBride wrote:
> While most donations come from people outside the Wikimedia (editing)
> community, the people within the community often feel that the very small
> staff of the past was more productive, more agile, less bloated, and overall
> more efficient than the larger staff of today.

I think this is not true as a matter of content, and certainly not true
as a matter of how people view the Foundation.  Perhaps you don't
remember how completely unresponsive and broken the Foundation was in
the old days.

The largest staff today is: more productive, more agile, and overall
more efficient than the larger staff of today.

I remember the bad old days, I was there.  Woefully understaffed, we
were unable to respond to just about any and all requests from chapters,
potential partners, etc.

--Jimbo