[Foundation-l] Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue Mar 8 03:54:25 UTC 2011

> The point is that we seem to be
> raising more money than we need, which is arguably unfair to donors,
> then not spending it in ways that increase quality or help the
> volunteers, which is arguably unfair to us. That's causing bad
> feeling. Whether it's fair or not is beside the point. The bad feeling
> is fairly widespread, and is only going to get worse.

> Sarah

I wonder if this is a fact, fairly widespread bad feeling?

That established, the next question would be why.

My own feeling is that the amount of money is so small, as is the staff,
and special projects, in relationship to potential needs that I never
thought of having a bad feeling, at least not about that.

Fred