[Foundation-l] Fellowships at the Wikimedia Foundation

Steven Walling swalling at wikimedia.org
Mon Mar 7 18:45:16 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to alert everyone that there is a new page on Meta related to
fellowships at the Wikimedia Foundation,[1] a program that originally began
in September 2010.[2]

Other than just a public description of the program and the fellows past and
present, we're starting up an experimental open proposals process for
fellowships. This is very much a work in progress, but I'm excited to kick
off a first stab at an open, transparent venue for soliciting new ideas that
need some support from the Foundation to get off the ground.

If you have questions, please put them on the Talk page on Meta, so that we
can start to build an FAQ as needed.

Thanks!

--
Steven Walling