[Foundation-l] Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser

church.of.emacs.ml church.of.emacs.ml at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:41:55 UTC 2011

On 03/07/2011 06:30 PM, David Gerard wrote:
> Indeed. Juergen, are you saying the X wasn't present, or that it
> didn't work for you? It seemed to for everyone else that tried it.

There were some reports that banners came back after a short while,
probably because of client-side cookie problems.

I'm not sure if I remeber this correctly, but afaik there was a cookie
for each wiki. Not a big problem for most readers, but a bit annoying
for Wikimedians doing crosswiki work early on the fundraiser (when
banners were still shown to logged-in users).

But other than that, I don't recall there being any problems.

-- Tobias