[Foundation-l] WMF 2015 strategic plan and multilingualism

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 21:48:59 UTC 2011

Hoi,
The notion that everyone working on Wikipedia and MediaWiki is a volunteer
is a fallacy.

The one thing I have been advocating is that the different languages and
scripts are performing technically on a level playing field. This is not the
case and there is a lot that can be achieved with modest investments. At
this stage we do not want to invest in specific languages to create content.
If a language is viable and can operate on a level playing field the
communities will do their thing in the way that fits for them.
Thanks,
       GerardM