[Foundation-l] [Chapters] Fwd: [Wikimedia Announcements] Chapter report Wikimedia Nederland, February 2011

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Sat Mar 5 18:04:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

We sent information around about Wiki Loves Monuments a few times on several
lists, but it is also available on WIkimedia Commons:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2011 . It
would be great if you could find enough volunteers to let the Czech Republic
participate!

The strategy weekend was indeed no entertainment and a lot of working on the
Wikimedia Nederland strategy. It was working groups, general discussions
etc. Unfortunately I am not able to report on the details (yet)

The board interest meeting is a concept we introduced last year to lower the
threshold for people to candidate themselves or show interest. That way they
can get their qeuestions answered before they take the decision. It also
gives people an opportunity to realize that they might not be a good
candidate after all if there are many better candidates. It mainly involved
informal chatting and talking with current and former board members and
exchanging information and experiences.

Best,

Lodewijk