[Foundation-l] Remarks on Wikimedia's fundraiser

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 21:54:48 UTC 2011

On 4 March 2011 19:50, church.of.emacs.ml
<church.of.emacs.ml at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Previously, we limited our efforts to text
> banners. Only if our fundraising goal wasn't going to be met, we used
> our Joker card "Personal appeal by Jimmy Wales".

I agree with your sentiments, but I don't think that point is true. It
was always the plan last year to use the Jimmy appeal, it wasn't a
reaction to the fundraiser not going well (the fundraiser was going
well). I believe the same has been true in previous years as well,
although I wasn't involved in them.