[Foundation-l] Wikisource's translation efforts, Babel and Translate extensions

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 09:30:00 UTC 2011

A few nice translation extensions have become mature recently, and are
being considered for use on the Projects:

John Vandenberg commented recently that Wikisource has been looking to
have the Babel extension installed, and Siebrand notes the Translate
extension is ready for wider use, say on Meta or Mediawiki.org:

Siebrand:

[1] http://userbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Special%3ALanguageStats&code=nl
[2] https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:Page_translation_feature

> what's keeping it [from being used] currently lies outside translatewiki.net's staff span
> of control (community voice and WMF resources).

For anyone who currently works on direct translations (of help
messages, primary sources, &c), check out the kde example above.

--
Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266