[Foundation-l] WMF's Mid Year Financial Statements (July - December 2010)

Tony Le tle at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 4 00:18:24 UTC 2011

Hello All,

It is my pleasure to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation's Mid Year
Financial Statements for the period July 1 through December 31, 2010 are now
posted to the WMF's website along with the answers to the anticipated
frequently asked questions at:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Financial_reports#2010.E2.80.932011_fiscal_year

Here is a snapshot of our financials highlight:

The Wikimedia Foundation's financial situation is strong. Revenue has
exceeded the mid-year plan. This is primarily due to another strong online
fundraiser campaign. Spending is below plan due primarily to slower hiring
and the timing of the capital expenditures for the data center build-out in
Virginia. By the fiscal year-end, the total planned capital expenditures
will be spent or maybe slightly over plan.

Please don't hesitate to email me with any questions or concerns.

Best,

--
Tony Le
Controller