[Foundation-l] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Aaron Adrignola aaron.adrignola at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 13:20:59 UTC 2011

You don't have to have an account on LinkedIn to receive these emails.  We
were getting them sent to OTRS email addresses all the time before I asked
LinkedIn to block emails to the addresses.  Had to go through customer
service because they don't provide an opt-out link in the emails they send.
We still get some to a few addresses I asked to opt out of.  I thought I
also asked the list to be opted out as well, but potentially they received a
bounce email back and so disregarded the ticket.

The main concern is people need to stop uploading their contacts lists and
then telling LinkedIn to invite *everyone* in it. Take the time to select
actual individuals rather than spamming everyone.