[Foundation-l] Projects in simple languages

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:55:23 UTC 2011

WIk

On 20 June 2011 15:29, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> *: Yes, in principle. But two special criteria would need to be met: the
> language should be a "world language" with many L2 users, and there must
> be a reliable, published specification of the controlled language to be
> used. Examples are [[w:en:Basic English|Basic English]] and

I have been around the Wikimedia projects since 2004. This is the very
first time I have ever heard any official subset of English mentioned
in any connection with the Simple English Wikipedia. Did I just miss
past documentation to this effect? Was this part of its founding? When
was Basic English first linked with Simple?

- d.