[Foundation-l] Wikis and the direction hardware is taking

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Fri Jun 10 17:58:36 UTC 2011

2011/6/10  <Birgitte_sb at yahoo.com>:
> In setting up my iPad this is what shocked me.
> It is near impossible to edit a wiki.  Well that wasn't
> to worrisome. I figured "there's an app for that".

I hate the whole idea of "apps" for accessing websites through iPhone,
iPad, Android, OVI or whatever. And i hate it with a passion. Websites
should be accessed through web browsers, not through a custom app for
every website and for every brand of mobile device.

Please report any difficulties with reading or editing Wikipedia
through your regular mobile web browser in Bugzilla (
http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org ). If you never reported bugs through
Bugzilla, it may be a bit intimidating at first, but this is the right
thing to do for our websites and for the whole movement.

There's also the Mobile Feedback mailing list (
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mobile-feedback-l ),
where people who don't use Bugzilla report bugs quite often.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
"We're living in pieces,
 I want to live in peace." - T. Moore