[Foundation-l] Introducing the Grant Advisory Committee

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Sat Jun 4 05:48:15 UTC 2011

http://blog.wikimedia.org/?p=4389

Asaf Bartov wrote:
> But the Wikimedia way is one of public conversation, and I intend to devote
> attention to ensuring as much of the debate about grants and grantmaking does
> indeed happen in public.

Fantastic! :D

Will the new committee be working on a (written) set of principles to guide
decisions about which grants to accept? It's no secret that some past grants
have come with conditions (as money nearly always does) and some of those
restrictions have caused a lot of headache and some resentment.

MZMcBride