[Foundation-l] Global ban - poetlister?

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 4 02:03:48 UTC 2011

Hmm, assuming that el-Reg article is the full extent of the issue, then
there seems no reason to demand a global ban. Bad stuff happened on WP with
him impersonating real people, that seems to be dealt with. Unless there is
anything more, the response seems kosher...

Except other comments indicate this is not the extent of it.

Here is the problem; the el'reg article is a load of rubbish, of little
information in relation to *why this person is bad news for the whole of
WMF. *My inclination on these matters is, generally, to be harsh and get rid
of them. But you're making it very difficult with the vague and meaningless

No offence, but.. any of his on-wiki or within-WMF activities should be fine
for public knowledge, and I fail to see why the wider majority should be
asked to comment or support these actions without running over the basic
details.

In case my point isn't obvious *that *is why global bans are probably seeing
so much resistance. Secretive shit.

Yes, I am pushing hard here. But this sort of discussion should not be taken
lightly; *what sort of activity requires a global ban*?

Tom

(p.s. the signpost link doesn't work for me - if that addresses my above
issues then apologies)