[Foundation-l] YouTube and Creative Commons

Jon Harald Søby jhsoby at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:37:09 UTC 2011

With the news that YouTube will start letting users choose to upload their
videos under CC-by, what will be the way we deal with it? Should we open for
embedding videos directly from YouTube, or should they be uploaded to
Commons first? The only reason I can see for not allowing embedding is that
embedding would be promoting YouTube; but that is still much better than the
alternative, IMO, which would be a big hassle for editors, and could take a
huge chunk of our resources (and when there is a good alternative like in
this case, why should we burden ourselves with that?). Any thoughts?

--
mvh
Jon Harald Søby <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by>